Dynamic Decision Making, Control & Agency
* Wong, R., Osman, M., Wong, W., Lin, Y., & Ho, K. (in press). Saving for a better retirement: How risk attitudes affect choice of
retirement scheme. Psychological Reports.
* Osman, M., Lin, Y., Ashcroft, R. (2017). Nudge: A lession in the theatrics of choice. Basic and Applied Social Psychology,
* Lin, Y., Osman, M., Ashcroft, R. (2017). Nudge: Concept, Effectiveness, and Ethics. Basic and Applied Social Psychology,
* Osman, M., Eacott, B., Wilson, S. (2017). Arts-based interventions in healthcare education: Form, content and evaluation.
* Osman, M., Heath, A., & Lofstedt, R. (2017). The problems of increasing transparency on uncertainty. Public Understanding of
* Osman, M., Glass, B. D., Hola, Z., & Stollewerk, S. (2017). Reward and Feedback in the Control over Dynamic Events.
Psychology , 8, 1063-1089.
* Lofstedt,R.,McLoughlin, M. & Osman, M (2017): Uncertainty analysis: results from an empirical pilot study. A research note,
Journal of Risk Research.
* Spence, C., Osman, M., & McElligott. (2017).Theory of Animal Mind: Human Nature or Experimental Artefact?. Trends
in Cognitive Science.
* Osman, M., Pupic, D., & Baigent, N. (2016). How Many Slaps is equivalent to One Punch? New Approaches to Assessing the
Relative Severity of Violent Acts? Psychology of Violence
• Vadillio, M, Gold, N, & Osman, M. (2016). The bitter truth about sugar and willpower: The limited evidential value of the
glucose model of ego depletion. Psychological Science.
• Glass, B., & Osman, M. (2016). Positive Explorers: Modeling Dynamic Control in Normal Aging. Aging, Neuropsychology and
• LV, J. Proulx, M,. & Osman, M. (2015). The role of personal values and empathy in a cooeprative game. Journal of Social
• Steigliz, N., Puranam, P., Pullitla, M., & Osman. M. (2015). Modelling Bounded Rationality in Organizations: Progress and
Prospects. Academy of Management Annals
Meder, B., LeLec, F., & Osman, M. (2013). Decision Making in Uncertain Times: What Can Cognitive and Decision Sciences Say or Learn About Economic Crises? Trends in Cognitive Science.
Osman, M., & Speekenbrink (2011). Information sampling and strategy development in complex dynamic control environments. Cognitive Systems Research, 355-364.
Osman, M. (2010). Controlling Uncertainty: A Review of Human Behavior in Complex Dynamic Environments. Psychological Bulletin, 136, 65-86.
Osman, M. (2008). Evidence for positive transfer and negative transfer/Anti-learning of problem solving skills. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 137, 97-115.
Future thinking (prospection)
• Osman, M. (2014). What are the essentials cognitive requirements for prospection (thinking about the future)? Frontiers in
Decision Neuroscience: Future-minded Thinking
• Osman, M. (2014). Prospective thinking – putting the mind in the future. Frontiers in Decision Neuroscience: Future
Dynamic Moral Judgments
• Osman. M. & Wiegmann, A. (2016). Explaining moral behaviour: A minimal moral model. Experimental Psychology.
• Osman. M. (2015). Moral Judgments: Truth, order and Consequence. Psychology, 6,
• Osman. M. (2015). Dynamic Moral judgments and emotions. Psychology, 7,
Dynamic Decision Making Parksinson’s Disease
Osman, M., Ryterska, A., Karimi, K., Tu, L., Obeso, I., Speekenbrink, M., & Jahanshahi, M. (2014). The effects of dopaminergic medication on dynamic decision making in Parkinson's disease. Neuropsychologia.
Ryterska, A., Jahanshahi, M. & Osman, M. (2014). A review of the impact of striatal damage on Decision making. Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews.
Osman, M. Wilkinson, L., Beigi, M., Parvez, C., & Jahanshahi, M. (2008). The striatum and learning to control a complex system? Neuropsychologia, 46, 2355–2363
Dynamic Casual Learning and Reasoning
• Johansen, M. & Osman, M. (2015). Coincidences: A new way of attacking an old problem. New Ideas in Psychology.
Hagmayer, Y., & Osman, M. (2012). From Colliding Billiard Balls to Colluding Desparate Housewives - Causal Bayes nets as rational models of everyday causal reasoning. Synthese.
Harris, A. & Osman, M. (2012). Illusion of control: a reflection of biased perceptions of random outcomes or prior expectations of good and bad outcomes. Synthese.
Dual and Single Reasoning Systems
Osman, M. (2013). A Case Study Dual-Process Theories of Higher Cognition—Commentary on Evans & Stanovich (2013). Perspectives on Psychological Science, 8, 248-252.
Osman, M. (2004). An Evaluation of Dual Process Theories of Reasoning. Psychonomic Bulletin & Review, 11, 998-1010.